I’m really excited to share with you my mom’s Vegan Mung bean Salad Recipe and my favorite salad so far. It is not just a salad. You can have all the nutrition (fibers, proteins,carbs,minerals) you need to start a happy weekend.
This salad is also perfect for the summer. It is easy to make too and easy to find its ingredient. Now, lets jump into the details on how to make it.
ingredients: (serve 4)
- 100g or half a cup mung beans
- 2 large potatoes peeled and cut into half inch cubes
- 2 tomatoes, cut into half inch cubes
- 1 avocado cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 Eggplant, cut into half inch cubes
- 1 green pepper, cut and slit
- 3 Scallions, cut into small pieces
- half bunch coriander, chopped
- half bunch parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- 3 Tbsp lemon
- 3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Coat potatoes and eggplant lightly in olive oil and then roast them in the oven for 20 mins (oven heated @ 350)
- Wash and Boil the mung beans for 25 mins till soft. Drain and let cool slightly.
- In a large bowl combine all vegetables together and add all other ingredients
- mix well and serve