Serving for 4 people
Time to Cook: 1 hour and 20 Minutes
- 1 large eggplant, sliced into rounds
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 large potato, sliced into rounds
- 1 Pound of Ground BeyondMeat
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp cumin
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a large frying pan, heat 2 tbsp of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the sliced eggplant and potato and fry until golden brown on both sides.
- Remove the eggplant and potato from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the remaining 2 tbsp of olive oil and sauté the diced onion and minced garlic until softened and fragrant. Add the BeyondMeat and stir to cook for 10 mins
- Add the diced tomato and sliced red bell pepper to the pan and cook until the vegetables are tender.
- In a bowl, make the bechamel sauce season with salt, pepper, and cumin. Follow this article for detailed steps
- In a baking dish, layer the fried eggplant and potato at the bottom.
- Pour the sautéed vegetables, BeyondMeat over the eggplant and potato.
- Pour the bechamel mixture over the vegetables.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for another 15-20 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the vegetables are tender.
- Garnish with Cilantro
Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before serving. Enjoy a delicious and healthy vegetarian moussaka with crispy eggplant and tender red bell pepper.